• Bible Films Blog

    Looking at film interpretations of the stories in the Bible - past, present and future, as well as preparation for a future work on Straub/Huillet's Moses und Aron and a few bits and pieces on biblical studies.


    Name:
    Matt Page

    Location:
    U.K.












    Monday, November 09, 2009

    Belated Bits on A Serious Man

    There's been a criminal lack of discussion here about the Coen Brothers' latest film A Serious Man, in part due to the fact that it doesn't open here for another 10 days. Still, for a film that has been billed as a modernisation of the Book of Job, I probably should have mentioned it by now.

    Given that it's been out in the States for a while, there are doubtless a hole host of links I could post, but for now I'll limit myself to just two. The first is some comments by Julia O'Brien, Many thanks to Eruesso for sending me the link over a month ago. I've been meaning to post it up for a while, but haven't had the time.

    Secondly, my friend Ron Reed has posted 18 "Questions for Further Study" over at this Soul Food Movies Blog. Oh and here's Ebert's review for good measure.

    Labels:

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home