• Bible Films Blog

    Looking at film interpretations of the stories in the Bible - past, present and future, as well as preparation for a future work on Straub/Huillet's Moses und Aron and a few bits and pieces on biblical studies.


    Name:
    Matt Page

    Location:
    U.K.












    Monday, April 27, 2009

    My Greenbelt Talk 2009

    I'm pleased to announce that I will be speaking at this year's Greenbelt Festival. Greenbelt has a unique place in my heart: an annual pilgrimage that has nurtured, shaped and challenged my faith, year in year out. I first went to Greenbelt 20 years ago (as a 14 year old) and this, I think, will be my 15th festival in all. Given that this is also the first time for me as a speaker at the festival, it's fair to say I'm looking forward to it!

    I'll be speaking on "Biblical Horror Stories for Children": looking at the parts of the Bible where God has people killed, wondering why the place we're most likely to hear these stories is Sunday school, and asking how we should respond. I'm hoping to use a clip or two from Bible films, as there are some really good examples of how we selectively read the text to suit our sensibilities. I'm also hoping that I'm not on at the same time as this year's main speaking attraction - Rob Bell.

    There's a 15% discount for anyone who books in by the end of April.

    Labels: ,

    2 Comments:

    • At 4:15 pm, April 27, 2009, Blogger Peter T Chattaway said…

      Congratulations! Wish I could be there. (Were you there in '94? That was the year of my one-and-only visit to Greenbelt so far.)

       
    • At 10:57 am, April 28, 2009, Blogger Matt Page said…

      Thanks Peter,

      I was there in 1994, though I don't seem to remember anything about it. Was that the year that Nine O'Clock service played there?

      Matt

       

    Post a Comment

    << Home