• Bible Films Blog

    Looking at film interpretations of the stories in the Bible - past, present and future, as well as preparation for a future work on Straub/Huillet's Moses und Aron and a few bits and pieces on biblical studies.


    Name:
    Matt Page

    Location:
    U.K.












    Wednesday, December 20, 2006

    The Passion: Religion and the Movies


    A couple of my friends from the US have tipped me off that there is a documentary playing on the History Channel called The Passion: Religion and the Movies. It turns out that it's a rebranding of the Channel 4 documentary I was involved in The Passion: Films, Faith and Fury. In addition to my main review of that documentary I posted a few other items about the film prior to its initial broadcast here, here and here (before I had seen it).

    There's a review of the US version of the film at Catholic Online. I understand it played twice on the 17th December, and is due to play again on the 2nd January (although I'm not entirely confident that that is still the case). Does anyone know who presented this documentary in the US version as these things often change as they cross the Atlantic? Over here it was presented by Birmingham University's Dr Robert Beckford.

    A warm welcome to anyone who has found me through this programme.

    Edit: The entire film can now be seen on YouTube

    Labels: , , ,

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home