• Bible Films Blog

    Looking at film interpretations of the stories in the Bible - past, present and future, as well as preparation for a future work on Straub/Huillet's Moses und Aron and a few bits and pieces on biblical studies.


    Name:
    Matt Page

    Location:
    U.K.












    Tuesday, March 21, 2006

    Exorcism of Emily Rose Review

    My review of The Exorcism of Emily Rose is finally up at Open Heaven. I actually wrote almost all of this upon leaving the theatre about 4 months ago, but I've been so busy since then I haven't had time to write it up and get it published. It got released on DVD yesterday so that gave me another deadline, which I finally met. If you've not seen it yet I'd recommend it. It's biggest strength is the way it subverts the genre to actually get the audience considering what they see rather than just being entertained by it. Christians often stay away from such films, but I hope more than average see this, even if it's not everyone's cup of tea.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home